First of all, it is important to understand that drapery and curtains are not the same. Though both the terms are used interchangeably. They are two different things designed for different purposes. Curtains, by nature, are light and give an airy feel. They are designed with sheer or nearly sheer fabric and are never lined. They allow some amount of light to filter and enter inside, while custom window drapery treatments in Calabasas is made of dense fabric, and when installed, it touches the floor. Let’s know about the factors to consider while selecting a drapery.
- Purpose– Before deciding on the drapery, you need to determine the purpose you want to achieve with the drapery. If you want to add complete privacy, then select drapery made of heavier fabric. If you struggle to sleep during the day or watch television, you should go with blackout drapery that eliminates glare and creates complete darkness in the room or living room.
- Texture– Drapery is more like a decorative window treatment and is specially designed for a living room. Ensure you choose custom window drapery treatments in Calabasas. This will give you access to different textures that entice you. Get assistance from window treatment experts to choose drapery with the right texture, so it complements your living room décor.
- Color– This is a major consideration while selecting a drapery for your space. If you want a drapery that blends well with the rest of the room décor, go with colors that match your room and furniture color. Or you can choose bolder and more contrasting colors that stand out more and highlight your window. However, if you plan to change your paint in the next few years, you should wear neutral color drapery.
- Lined or unlined– Lining is simply a second piece of fabric sewn onto the back of the drapery. They add weight to the drapery, which makes the drapery hang properly.
- Type of hanging material– The type of hanging material you pick largely affects the appearance of the custom window drapery treatments in Calabasas. There are grommet drapes that offer a more relaxed look, while hidden tabs offer a more casual look and often are used on outdoor curtains.
- Fabric– Drapery comes with a variety of fabrics, and the most common ones include cotton, linen, velvet, silk, and polyester. Velvet drapery appears more luxurious and gives a plush and polished feel. They are very effective in blocking cold, heat, and light. Similarly, they dampen the noise.
Custom draperies are one of the popular window treatments designed to alleviate your living room appearance and add privacy. The reputed window treatment professional Grace Nicolson will assist you in selecting fabric, deciding on the texture and hardware, and getting the installation done properly.
Did you know you can save up to 25% on your energy bills simply by using the right window treatment covering? The U.S Department of Energy reveals this amazing fact. Since winters are approaching, the heating bills will drastically rise. But at the same time, if you winterize your home with the custom window coverings by grace in Camarillo, you can control the rising energy bills.
Following are the top window treatment options to winterize your home;
- Cellular shades
Most people end up paying huge money to keep their home warm, especially when a home is not insulated. If you have no recent plan to insulate your home, then installing the cellular shades is the best approach. The cellular shades are popular for their great insulating features that allow natural light to enter the room through the window. Basically, the cellular shades feature cell pockets that trap air inside, creating a barrier on your window. This makes your home warm during the chilly winters. Plus, the cellular shades offer privacy without obstructing the natural light entering your room.
These are another key window treatment to winterize your home because they are made of thicker and opaque fabric that add extra insulation to your existing window treatments like shutters. The thick and heavy fabric prevents heat loss and controls the indoor temperature. No matter what type of window treatment you already have at your place, adding the custom draperies and window coverings in Oak Park increase its efficiency and create a cozy and warm environment during the winters.
- Insulated curtains
These are basically lined curtains designed to prevent the warm air from escaping through the windows and keep the cold air away from the room. This way, they maintain a moderate temperature inside and reduce the use of an HVAC system. As a result, you see a drastic reduction in your energy bills. If you choose the custom option, you can ask the window treatment experts to install a magnetic strip sewn into its edges, so they stay in place around the window frame, creating a proper barrier.
- Roman shades
This versatile window covering offers you insulation as well as aesthetic appeal. Roman shades are made of thick material with sealed edges to keep out the chilled air. If you want to add an extra layer of protection in the harsh winters, install roman shades with thermal window curtains to keep the temperature warm.
Grace Nicolson- Your Personal window treatment experts
So, if you want to keep your room insulated throughout the winters, then it is the right time to consider Custom window coverings by grace Camarillo. She will assist you in getting the right window covering installed at your place under your budget.
Are you skeptical when choosing between custom draperies and mass-produced draperies? Many folks come across this situation. Some folks end up choosing the custom draperies and window coverings in Oak Park, whereas some go with mass-produced draperies. However, custom draperies are the best alternative because of many reasons that we will explore in this post.
Most mass-produced draperies are poorly constructed. They don’t have proper pleats to give the draperies stability and structure, and they are not hammed righty. Plus, they have a little room for customization. Despite all these disadvantages, you will be charged the same price as custom draperies.
- More comfortable to match home décor– Mass-produced draperies offer you selected colors and style, making it difficult to find the drapery that actually matches your home décor. As you result, it can leave you settle for a mismatched look. Fortunately, custom draperies offer you endless colors and styles to match your home’s existing décor.
Improperly installed draperies will ruin the overall appearance of your home. Plus, they will not stay functional the way it should. When you choose custom draperies, you choose expertise. Interior designers understand how exactly the draperies should be installed with the drapery rods’ right placement. The designers will come to your place, take proper measurements of your window, and take care of the installation process, making sure the draperies perfectly fit your windows.
Complete product knowledge
Choosing custom draperies will allow you to work with designers who will enlighten you with extensive knowledge about the widow treatment possibilities. For instance, the designer will help you find the right window treatment to make your room look larger and beautiful. The designer will also make sure the custom draperies allow you to limit or increase the sunlight exposure. On the other hand, when you choose mass-produced draperies, you are just buying the product. You may not know how to make the best use of it.
- Fabric choice–
Ready-made draperies are made from common fabrics that most people prefer. If you have any specific fabric in mind, you may struggle to find in ready-made draperies. Fabric type is also important as it affects how the drapery will look. Also, fabric choice affects the ultimate cost of the drapery.
- Functionally matters–
Draperies will perfectly protect your floors, carpet, furniture, and curtains from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Furniture and other accessories can fade with direct exposure to sunlight. Custom draperies provide you better functionality. Custom draperies only look good, but they are functional as well. Moreover, custom draperies act as a great insulator. Full draperies across the window will resist the heat escape, keeping your room warm in the winters and cooling in the summer.
Embrace Window Treatment by Grace
At window Treatment by Grace, you have access to a wide assortment of fabric, giving you endless options to customize with accessories, pleats, and trims. We will visit your place, acknowledge your suggestions, and understands your vision to create a unique window treatment for your window. We will also keep you away from the poor window treatment choices as we are well-versed with the current window trends. Likewise, we will provide you valuable tips regarding how to clean your window treatment. By following those tips, you can make your window treatment last longer than the mass-produced draperies.
Finally, we would love to work with you to provide the best custom draperies and window treatments in Oak Park using all our experience and expertise in window treatment. So, if you look around your room and find something is missing, give a second thought to well-designed custom drapery by the popular interior designer at Window Treatment by Grace. It will enhance the room’s appearance, keeping it insulated. Hence, schedule a consultation to learn more and answer your entire questions.